• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

backup before upgrade

R

reekoh

Guest
Hi There,

My server is currently at 7.1.6 and I'm considering upgrading to 7.5.1 but I've had serious meltdowns in the past with these supposedly "easy" upgrades. The last time I upgraded to 7.1.6, my DNS service just stopped working and so did a whole bunch of other little things.

A couple questions:

a) Is there any way that I can backup my server exactly as it is right now before I upgrade? Will the psadump utility do this for me? And if the upgrade does go badly, can I easily restore?

b) Have people generally had an easy time with this upgrade? Because I really cannot go through that hell again, that I had to go through last time.

Thanks,
reekoh
 
I'd go for 7.5.2, since it's already out. Even that is a bit early for Plesk - I'd still wait to see what bugs get reported.

As for backup, psadump is not equal to a full server backup (with tar or any similar means). It might be enough to be reasonably safe, though, depending on your config and modifications made to the OS.

I'd still search the forum for other backup advices and than chose a suitable solution that works for you.
 
Back
Top