• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup fails since update to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.26: "Unable to validate the remote backup"

Can you provide more information?
  • Have you made any changes to the panel.ini according backups?
  • What FTP-Server type do you use for your backups? (Ask your hoster)
    • What settings are applied to the FTP-Server, for example
      • AllowRetrieveRestart
      • AllowStoreRestart
  • Are there .ftpaccess files on your FTP Server?
  • Do you use FTPS? (Backup Manager > Remote Storage Settings > FTP(S) Storage Settings)
  • Do you passive mode? (Backup Manager > Remote Storage Settings > FTP(S) Storage Settings)
  • What Plesk version do you use? With build number and OS. (Tools & Settings > Server Information)
Yesterday I set the following entries in my panel.ini (before I did not set any entries; there was no panel.ini before):
Bash:
archiveMetaReadBlockSize = 50
ftpForbidReuseConnection = 1
AllowRetrieveRestart on
AllowStoreRestart on

ftp server ist an sftps server; a hetzner storage box.
Yes, I use FTPS.
No, I do not use passive mode.
Plesk version is Plesk Obsidian v18.0.28_build1800200703.14 os_Ubuntu 18.04.

Tonight the backup was successful without an error message. I will see, if it is the next days, too, or not.

Same error again tonight :confused:
So I will remove the custom panel.ini-entries now. I'm wondering how long it will take to fix this error :rolleyes:

I've disabled the config option to set to 1.2 and will see if it works for my Hetzner Storage Box this night.

Did you check the uploaded file? I ask because I still get an error when connecting to the Hetzner Storage Box via TLS 1.3 (1.2 works). But I test it directly via curl at the command line, not via the Plesk backup. I get the same error I also get when connecting to the Strato HiDrive via TLS 1.3.

I did get an error today, but a different one than last time.

Unable to create remote backup. Error: Unable to export backup: Transport error: Unable to create the directory 'ftps://xxxxx/': Curl error: (6) Couldn't resolve host name: Last FTP request: Last FTP response:; Unable to delete the incomplete remote backup. Error: Failed to exec pmm-ras: Exit code: 124: Transport error: unable to check file existence: Curl error: (6) Couldn't resolve host name: Last FTP request: Last FTP response:

Unable to access the storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (6) Couldn't resolve host name: Last FTP request: Last FTP response:
Make sure you have entered the correct storage settings. You can check them independently with the command:
curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u xxx 'ftp://xxx//'

Activating TLS 1.2 again.

There'll be maintence on the Hetzner Storage Box-Host.
Start: 20. Juli 2020 13:00:00 CEST
End: 20. Juli 2020 15:00:00 CEST
Can you check after the maintence if it works for you?
Also, please try to restart your Plesk Server in Tools & Setting > Server Management

It seems that the problem is solved now :). I don't get error messages anymore and the backup is valid.

Back