• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup fails

Nicola Urbinati

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have the following problems during backup:
Warning: Database "dreamlordpress_dlp"
Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FIELDS FROM `tmp_view`': View 'tmp_db.tmp_view' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them (1356)
Warning: Extension "Patchman automatic integration"
Unable to back up data. Error: Failed to create archive: Transport error: File or dir not exists

How can I resolve them?

Thank you.

I have no solution for either issue, but this might help you for further investigation:

Database issue: "Views" are sometimes limited to only being able to be read and used by a specific user. When the backup system tries to read these data with its "admin" user it might fail. They can only be accessed by the "root" user, however that is not used in Plesk. You might want to try to change the views in a way that they allow other users to access them, including the database user named "admin".

Extension issue: In another thread something similar was mentioned recently. Here it was advised that probably the extension has its files not in the expected locations/paths, but this error does not do any harm to the integrity of the backup.

Actually, found out that the wordpress DB underlying the view actually changed the name of a table column, breaking the view.

I now dropped the view as not really necesary.

Thank you very much, I'll also be more watchful to premissions next time.

Back