• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup - FTP to server repository

DaveKay

Regular Pleskian
Using Plesk 10.3.1 & Ubuntu 10.04

Had to do a server rebuild due to issues.

The server was set to create a multi-part backup to the FTP repository. All fine. Created 6 files with a total of just over 1GB. Plesk set to max file size of 200MB.

Rebuilt server and went to copy the .tar file from the FTP repository to the Server Repository. The upload process starts ok into the /tmp path (have monitored via SSH and webmin file manager). At 144MB the file upload stops with the following error:

Error: pmm-ras error (Error code = -6):
== STDOUT ====================

==============================
== STDERR ====================
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'plesk::CurlException'

==============================

I have increased the /tmp partition to 4GB as suggested in other posts. Still stops after 144MB.

I have tried copying the 6 backup files (backup.tar / backup.tar1 / backup.tar2 / backup.tar3 / backup.tar4 / backup.tar5) to the /var/lib/psa/dumps path but Plesk does not show the backup in the server repository.

I have downloaded the 6 files onto my computer, but am unable to "unzip" the files as winrar does not seem able to handle the multi-part creation of the backup file.

Am I able to unzip the multi-part backup files and manually restore?

Does anyone know of any fix for this multi-part copy to server repository issue?

I hope someone can help!

Much appreciated!

Dave

Back