• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup & General Deception

Aude

New Pleskian
I am very surprised by the plesk tool, which is simple. Ok for most task.

But after an adventure with msmtp. Here I am in a new adventure with the backups.

I think that many of us are DevOps (programmer forced to do server administration) and that many use windows to program (wamp, php, ...)? So I planned a backup each night, result (for the same given content, site) :

Everything is going well. Configuration is easy. But :

1. it is impossible to decompress easily under windows the archive and even under mac ... besides I still have not arrived.
  2. The backup process sends a notification only in case of failure ... Personally I also like to be warned and reassured when it works, do not you?
  3. Then it is impossible to have only the database in backup ... (ok there is the dump, but it is not automated). A bit embarrassing for e-commerce sites. And especially when the base is only 200MB and the site 4GB ...
I have more and more doubt about the relevance of the "simplification" choices of the Plesk team? Should we accommodate ourselves?

PS: and I'm not talking about the Health System / Monitor ...

Translation by Google ;)

Last edited:
Sure i do it now ;)

But how to extract archive on windows ? i try with 7zip & PeaZip with no succes

Back