• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup Issue : maximum number of clients

KarleyLo

New Pleskian
We have some Problems with the Backups of Plesk.
When the scheduled backups are created we will get e-mails like :

Server Plesk Einstiegspunkt: Beim geplanten Backupvorgang ist der folgende Fehler aufgetreten: pmm-ras failed (Error code = 1):
STDOUT: Curl error: (67) Login denied: Last FTP request: PASS *****: Last FTP response: 530 Sorry, the maximum number of clients (20) for this user are already connected
STDERR:
Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (67) Login denied: Last FTP request: PASS ***** Last FTP response: 530 Sorry, the maximum number of clients (20) for this user are already connected

We are using daily backups with weakly fullbackups.

I checked the pmm/logs/migration.log and i can see that, every file form the backups is being called!?
Ftp init url ftp://... <- this is called for each file (more than 20) and i think this is causing this issue?

Edit: Forgot to mention that the backups seem to be created successfully.

Is this a know problem? Is there a away to fix this without increasing the max no of clients?

Best Regards
Tobias

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.

I changed the chmod to 755 like in the thread mentioned und i increased the maximum clients on the NAS.
The Iptable setting was already like in the thread.

Now we get the following e-mails:

pmm-ras failed (Error code = 1):
STDOUT: Curl error: Unable to resume an interrupted download: (56) Failure when receiving data from the peer: Last FTP request: RETR backup_1810210338_1810220338.tar: Last FTP response: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for backup_1810210338_1810220338.tar (51953 bytes): Connection to the FTP server has lost
STDERR:
Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (56) Failure when receiving data from the peer: Last FTP request: STOR test Last FTP response: 226 Transfer complete

Please check and adjust the limits and quotas for the FTP server and user.

Back