• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup manager does not work properly

RenéO

New Pleskian
Hi,

i try to explain my problem here, please be patient with me. ;)

I am running a Ubuntu 11.10 server with Plesk. I managed to set a backup job at 3 AM every day. This has been working great so far. However Plesk does a second backup at 8 AM every day. I dont know why that happens, there ist only one setting for 3AM.

I thought, some cron jobs are still running but i dont know how to remove them. Please help me because we need the server running at 8 AM.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 8
The backup cron is in:

/etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager

So you can view the contents of that file and make sure you have only 1 line and only that you set at 3.

Thanks, i found the file and opened it.

I have exactly one line in there:

12,27,42,57 * * * * root [ -x /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

What do i have to change?

This should run every day at 3 AM.

0 3 * * * root [ -x /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Try replacing it with that ...

Thanks, i replaced the line with yours.

After some days i recognize, i didnt work out so far. The backup manager still sets two backups, however now they are created at 03:00 AM AND 03:13AM at the same day.

Your line may have a simple error? I would appreciate an answer, thanks.

Well, that is we-ired. Hey try this (to troubleshoot), just disable that line ie put a hash infront of it

##0 3 * * * root [ -x /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

And wait and see if any backups are taken, if they are, then there is another script backing-up your files on-top of this one, if they don't, let us know ..

Hi,

i tried youre suggestion. Since Aug 17. no backups where executed. So the problem must be in the cron line?

Any help would be good.

Hy,

have same problem. Migrate from 10.4 to 11.09 and in history, they make 1 year backup automaticaly and after migration, they make nothing. So i delete all jobs (they worked one year) and put them back new, no backup. I start manually backup, they make it on the server (i chose to ftp) and thats all, no cron backup daily.

So we have suse and they don`t be at /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager, so we don`t have plesk-backup-manager. I think there is some problems in plesk.

I found something interesting, there are two different backup manager settings on the control panel.

The first one can be found at the "Website & Domains" sections, the second one in the "Server" section. Apparently these setting aren't the same. I now deactivatet one of these setting, and looking forward a solution.

I don't know if this is a problem with plesk or with my cron job settings, anyways. If this works, i will post results soon.

And again, thank you all very much for helping me. ;)

Hm, good idea, because the Domain section is for customers and in server, you have global.....look if it will work, because, didn`t no one have a solution for backup?

Hm, good idea, because the Domain section is for customers and in server, you have global.....look if it will work, because, didn`t no one have a solution for backup?

I took a look at the backups for a while now and i think my problem is solved.

I assume the backupmanager on the server & website section are seperated managers. I now have just one backup a day, yee!

Thank you all for your help!

Back