• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup manager error : Some fields are empty or contain an improper value

fgangneux

New Pleskian
Hi all
I can't take a backup nor schedule one,
even at server level or domain by domain
even full or incremental backup
even . . . I tried all the options..

I get this error: The backup process failed: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value.

My config is:
- Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 (web admin edition)
- Debian 8.10
- The remote storage is ready to use

I saw a workaround here that doesn't work for me ;
Unable to create backup under the customer: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value

I don't have subsription, customer panel or service plan in the Web Admin Edition.

Any help?
Thanks

When you click "Back Up" button in Tools & Settings > Backup Manager what is in "Store in" field?

Hoooo..... interesting.... now i am not the only one :)

Are you by any magic under micro update #10 ?

I was not aware of that new bug that was listed 20 hours ago. Sames as you i can't find any of the informations given in the Help Solution.

I am using a private FTP server only accessible from my server IP.

Last edited:
Okay so i ve done some research on my side and it appears that the solution given can only be applied if you are a user of Plesk Web Host Edition because as Web admin user we do not have access to the menu: Home --> Hosting Services --> subscriptions

As you can see on this screen shot here, there was an article 18 days ago, related to that same problem we are facing today.
Plesk User has no access to Backup Manager

So obviously everything is related and something was broken either before we noticed it or since the last #10 micro update, and the only way to solve it is to have access to Plesk Web Host Edition.

So if someone could alert Plesk of this bug relations that would be really Helpfull.

Thank you guys :)

Last edited:
When you click "Back Up" button in Tools & Settings > Backup Manager what is in "Store in" field?

The remote storage settings is set and ready to use, and appears as expected in "Store in"
> Store in : FTP storage at (ftp.domain)/(backupfolder)/

The remote storage settings is set and ready to use, and appears as expected in "Store in"
> Store in : FTP storage at (ftp.domain)/(backupfolder)/

Same for me here, and also tried: empty field (save to the root), folder specified (/save) and empty field with a / like advised on a Plesk bug report. Nothing works.

Can you confirm wich micro update is applied to your Plesk installation please ?

Micro update #11
Full config is
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #11 (Web admin edition)
Debian 8.10
Remote storage : FTP Ready to use

I tried too Passif mode on/off, FTPS On/OFF, with and without folder or trailing slash ...
I'm now filling the bugreports template, since I don't see any solution.

Wich build level update are you using ? Global or First user ?

Because micro update #11 is not yet available on my side, and i am using official Plesk repo (not mirror)

Wich build level update are you using ? Global or First user ?

Because micro update #11 is not yet available on my side, and i am using official Plesk repo (not mirror)

> General release (as recommended by plesk)
and Safe updates for system packages enabled

I forced the update manually and went on micro update #11 but it did not solved the problem.

Still no manual backup for me.

It looks like you can only apply the workaround solution with Web Host Edition. I notified my hoster but they do not plan to do anything at the moment, asking me to wiat for Plesk update as they stated in their ticket : This is Plesk bug with ID #PPPM-8700 which will be fixed in future updates.

This is unreal :/

Back