• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Backup Manager for individual domain shows all Plesk domain backups

JeffreyZ

Basic Pleskian
From Admin login, I have several customer accounts where the backup manager is showing all of Plesk's domain backups. Meaning if I go to a domain in Plesk, then click backups I see all of my domain's backups, not just those for the specific domain that I am viewing. It appears to show all customer accounts.

Logging into Plesk with the domain user name (not Admin) only shows the specific domain backups.

Attachments

• plesk backup manager june 2020.png
    plesk backup manager june 2020.png
    261.9 KB · Views: 11
Who initiated those backups? An admin or a customer/user?

If I am not mistaken (but I might be wrong here) backup created by an admin (somehow) show on every backup list if logged on as an Admin. Backup created by users are only shown in the backup list of the specific subscription.

Thanks for your reply Rasp. It's from the Admin login. My clients don't do their own backups. I have not seen this issue in the past and notice that some backups are that way and some are not, even though all would have been created through an admin login. And the only indication of which domain the backup is for, is to look for an email address. So this seems like a bug in Plesk, or something messed up with my setup.

I got curious and decided to test this myself on a test server I currently have running. And I am able to reproduce your scenario as well. Even worse is that in my case the (remote) backups from domain A are shown in the backup list of domain B (and C, D, ect) even when I log in as a customer. This issue only seem to occure when backups are stored trough FTP on the same remote server trough. Not on locally stored backups

So it's probably not your setup. I've create a bug report for this: Remote FTP backups for a particular domain show in backup list of other domains

Last edited:
Back