• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup Manager keep failing with mysqldump authentication errors

EdC

New Pleskian
Any backups initiated (manually or scheduled) through the Backup Manager are failing with authentication errors for mysqldump:

Warning: Database "xxxxxxxxx"
Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: Exit code: 2: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" when trying to connect

This happens for every single database on my server.

I don't have any ~/.my.* files. I don't have any passwords in /etc/my.cnf*. The 'root' user, in fact, is disabled and removed from the database entirely. 'plesk repair installation' doesn't resolve it, nor does 'plesk repair db.' I'm at a loss, as is my customers' data unless I take manual steps. :-/

Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Is there some buried configuration file or database entry Plesk is using that I can straighten out manually?

@IgorG thanks for the reply. I had checked most of those, and now have checked all of them. None of them have any rogue credentials stored in them.

Does it mean something that mysqldump is trying to use 'root'? Shouldn't it be using 'admin'?

Back