• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Backup-Manager: Restart of Apache & Plesk

huschi

New Pleskian
Since the update to Plesk 11 on a Debian 6 there are errormessages from the backup-manager:
Code:
The Plesk Web Server service on host server.nordbyte.de is down.
The problem was discovered on Jul  7, 2012 03:53 AM.

-----

The Plesk Web Server service on host server.nordbyte.de has been started on
Jul  7, 2012 03:58 AM.

-----

The Web Server (Apache) service on host server.nordbyte.de is down.
The problem was discovered on Jul  7, 2012 04:03 AM.

-----

The Web Server (Apache) service on host server.nordbyte.de has been started
on Jul  7, 2012 04:09 AM.

-----

Backup task finished.

Task was created by  with guid (5f2f0d92-de07-4e0d-adab-6c5ceae0ae7b)

Creation date is: 2012-Jul-07 03:24:02
Task status is: error

Dump full name is: web1_1207070324.tar
The error.log of apache said at this time:
Code:
[Sat Jul 07 04:00:09 2012] [error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting
[Sat Jul 07 04:04:07 2012] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
Followed by the usual restart-messages.

This came every night since the last Plesk-update.
It seems to me, that the Update-Manager does a lock to any server process (maybe mysql?) till the monit-scheduled-process do a restart to them.

Have anybody else that problem?
Have anybody an idea to resolve this?

Thanks!

Sorry, but that's not the point. I don't need more locked Apache-Childs.
The point is, that something is locked until apache restarts. And it isn't only the apache. The Plesk-Server (lighttpd?) is getting down too.
Always and only at the time the Backup is running. I can start the backupmng in the console with the same effect.

huschi.

I too have noticed this

I just posted a reply to another thread like this. I'm also noticing a pattern of Apache and nginx tending to yo-yo during the evenings when I'm running automated backups. This started happening when I updated from Plesk 10 to 11. Could there be some kind of resource battle going on between the backup process and the web service? A battle that Apache and nginx keep losing??

Back