• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup Manager Settings per subscription

Yaniv Zahavi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.43_build1800220414.18 os_CentOS 7
I'm a little confused about how the Plesk Backup Manager works, was hoping someone can help clarify.

We are running Obsidian and trying to understand how the Backup Manager feature works as far as either allowing individual customers to manage where to store the backup or at the least to make sure the resources taken by the backup (mostly disk space) are being included in the total subscription resources used against the subscription plan. If neither option is possible then is there a way to remove the Backup Manage feature from the client portal.

Maybe I'm missing the whole point of the backup manager. I know we can limit the number of backups so a client can't abuse the Backup Manager with unlimited backup but some clients may have huge sites that we want to make sure they are using the resources associated with their plans and not have the option to store backups on the server (/var/lib/psa/dumps) and not count against their allowed limits.

By default, backups are stored on the Plesk server. If you have configured remote storage, you can store backups in the remote storage by selecting the corresponding radio button.

As for the concern about counting used disk space, there is a setting to account for the size of client backups:

Screenshot 19.png
In any case, you should use external backup storage to avoid the possible problems you are worried about. Plesk has a wide range of supported external storages.

Back