• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Backup/Migration from Plesk 9.2.3 to 8.6

P

Patrickv

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to backup/migrate domains from plesk 9.2.3 to an older plesk (8.6 in this case)

the problem is, the current server we have our domains on will be offline end of this week, and the new server which is located somewhere else still only has 8.6, the people there dont wanna upgrade yet so I was wondering if its possible and how?

if not then it leaves me no choice then to upgrade to 9.2.3

many thanks.

Unfortunately it is not possible to perform such migration because there are different database structure, internal dependences, etc.

ok thanks for the anwser, so my best bet would be to upgrade the 8.6 version to the latest plesk 9 or to the same plesk 9.2.3 ?

P.s:
Can't plesk 9 load up backups from the older cause here 8.6 backups as a binary file and 9 as xml.

Back