• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup not planned

panzu

New Pleskian
Hello,
I migrated a domain from another Plesk instance with Migrator plugin.
Into backup manager of this domain there are 5 backups not planned. In scheduling tab all settings are disabled.
Backups for the hosting plan are permitted only by ftp, not using local space of server.
How can I disable these backups?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I understand that neither the subscription user, nor the admin ran any "local" backup jobs, yet there are five backups on your local server. I further understand that you do not want to allow any local backups.

The settings as you describe them are correct. You might want to verify, that when logged in with the subscription user the user really has not created any local backups and that he really cannot do that.

Once you have made sure that noone has created these local backups you know that the reason for the local backups is that a backup set for FTP could not be transferred to the FTP backup space. In that case Plesk stores the backup locally to make sure that it at least has a backup, even if that backup could not be uploaded to the FTP storage. When you look into /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup-<datetime> you will find the log files of your backups. In these log files you will find further details why the backup was not uploaded to your external FTP storage.

Hi Peter,
first of all thanks for answering me. Maybe I expressed myself badly. In admin panel I planned daily backup with data retention on 5 days, in client panel I want they can only make ftp backups.
I verified that in client panel he can't create backups. Inside backup manager of client panel there are no backups. In admin panel i can see 5 backups inside client subscription in addition of planned admin backup.

Any ideas?

How can you see client backups inside the admin backup panel? The admin backup panel should only show admin backups.

Login into admin panel, find and enter domain from domain panel, clicking on backup manager on the right.

Edit: I receive all night email that client reached resources usage limit

I am sorry, but in that case I simply do not know what you are seeing on the screen. I probably have not understood the problem correctly. I should know the web host admin edition very well, but I can't figure out how you display customer backups in the admin backups panel. Maybe someone else can teach me how to do that?

I think they are not customer's backup, anyway there are daily backup, not planned, inside subscription.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.png
    2.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.png
    3.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.png
    4.png