• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Problems

I have escalated this ticket to experienced supporter right now. He will investigate it and submit request to developers if it is really bug. He will notify you from ticket.

Not getting very far with this

Parallels are saying maybe the problem is with the backup drive, even though it reports the correct file size with I login to it. My hosting company 1&1 is one of the worlds largest and their backup servers have worked with all versions of Plesk and only 9.5 is showing this backup size problem.

Im not really sure what to do know. Plesk are asking me to ask 1&1 what the FTP backup servers are. 1&1 reply with various!!

I only get the issue with Plesk 9.5

Our servers with other versions using the same backup servers are fine.

If you are looking at the "personal FTP repository" backup listings, they are all 1.95 kb....then look at your personal repository files on the ftp server and you will see the complete file backup....in my case the actual file on the ftp server is 4.4 gbs....I think the listed 1.95 kb file is itself an xml file...

Got a reply from Plesk….

We have good news for you. We expect to get a fix for this problem from our developers within a few days. Please wait.

Thanks,
--
Oleg Beznosov

Pagemakers....you said May 24th...
Got a reply from Plesk….

We have good news for you. We expect to get a fix for this problem from our developers within a few days. Please wait.
Is there updated information on this issue please?

I cant check it without ticket ID with Oleg Beznosov answer. I will check it if you provide me ticket ID.

Shoudn't you have this information yourself, since you have intervened regarding this issue that is several months overdue......

"Apr 30, 2010 04:36 AM
IgorG I have escalated this ticket to experienced supporter right now. He will investigate it and submit request to developers if it is really bug. He will notify you from ticket."

Shoudn't you have this information yourself, since you have intervened regarding this issue that is several months overdue......

"Apr 30, 2010 04:36 AM
IgorG I have escalated this ticket to experienced supporter right now. He will investigate it and submit request to developers if it is really bug. He will notify you from ticket."

We have hundreds tickets per day in support queue and unfortunately I can't remember each ticket ID.

BugyBackup 9.5

Here the same problem.

SuSE 10.3 - Plesk updatet since 8.6 with no Backupproblems.

With Plesks last Update: 9.5.x

Backup Filesize in FTP wrong - not at 1+1 but ipxserver.de
Old backupfiles wont deleted.

Backups stored in FTP and personal repostry !

(Sorry for my bad English(

But this Problem and no Fixes ist a NoGo!!!

Attachments

• BU_FTP_Filesize.jpg
    BU_FTP_Filesize.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 7
I’ve just noticed that it’s been months since I asked this question and looking at my servers now and all of the backups still show 1.95KB

I thought this was going to be fixed?

All of my backups still show 1.95k

It’s been months since I reported this. My SUS has now expired so I can’t go to Parallels directly.

Why hasn’t this been fixed?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-07 at 18.49.56.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-07 at 18.49.56.png
    10 KB · Views: 1
At least you can SEE your files. My 9.5 backup manager won't show them at all. When I access via SSH they are there, and Plesk won't let me upload them again because they already exist, but I can't do a damn thing with htem, because the Control Panel shows "no backups".

I have 6 servers, and I have migrated 3 away from Plesk. Should be able to get better answers than "pay for support", especially when "Support" announces a fix available soon, but 8 months later it is unresolved.

Bump. Still having this problem, using 9.5.4
I always get a reported fail on 9.2.2 but at least the file size is correct.

I would not hold your breath. I paid them a support fee, they screwed with it a couple months (telling me a few times it was fixed), but never actually did. While they could get a small test backup they created to show, mine never did, and it remains unresolved.

I completely wasted my money and my time. 1 of my final two Plesk machines goes away this week. By the end of next month I will have completed the migration to another control system, and will be Plesk free.

THAT'S the way to get your backups to show!

Back