• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Problems

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
My domain only backs up 1.95KB of data despite the setting for all config and data to be backed up.

Whats could be the problem?

It is very difficult to say what is the reason of this problem without deep investigation. Try to find it in logs from /usr/local/psa/PMM/ or contact support team.

I think this is a Plesk bug.

This is from the Plesk CP:
April 20, 2010 09:34 AM 1_tcxplorer.com_1004200934.tar 1.95 KB

This is when I FTP into the backup server:
-rw------- 1 79409 2000 2591662080 Apr 20 10:44 1_domain.com_1004200934.tar

As you can see the file size listed in the PLesk CP is incorrect.

Bug can't be confirmed in forum's discussion. It can be confirmed by support team at least after detailed investigation this issue directly on your server.

I mean, can you or anybody else replicate this issue using 9.5

The file sizes on the backup server are correct but the CP reports the file sizes as incorrect.

I can't reproduce it on my test environment. Maybe someone can?

There are can be a lot of reasons of this behaviour and it can be found only with detailed logs investigation. It can be performed only with support and you will be refunded for ticket it is really confirmed bug.

I have contacted support with my PAID subscription.

I do object to having to pay to get Plesk bugs fixed!!!

This is definitely a bug. It’s strange how myself and other are getting exactly the same file size.

I suppose what it is a bug, but I can't tell to developers - there is guy on forum for whom it doesn't work! The developer won't take up this issue, if it won't have error logs, and only complaints at forum.
Therefore once again - if you can't gather error logs and debug this problem by yourself - please, contact support team, provide root access and support guys will check it, gather all necessary information and submit bug to developers. If it is really bug but not your faults - you will be refunded for this ticket!

Thanks Igor. I’ll post Plesk’s finding here in due course. Currently it’s being escalated to 2nd lever support.

You can provide me ticket ID and I will escalate it for you from my side.

I’m still waiting!

BTW I’ve just upgraded a 2nd server to 9.5.1 and now this too reports all backup sizes as 1.95KB. Before the upgrade it was fine

Backup sizes.

I am having the exact same issue with the strange reports of backup sizes. I verified on the remote FTP server that the backups are there and of the correct size. I deleted a lot of past backups before I realized they were just being reported wrong. Now that I know it just looks wrong I can run, but, am anxious to hear of a fix for this.

This is what paid support told me yesterday. They have been on it for about a week so far...

Hello.

We are trying to reproduce the problem in our labs and find the root of this issue. Please wait. We will keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks,

Oleg Beznosov
Chief Support Engineer
Parallels

Back