• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup problems

It's very strange, because "/usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/Packer.pm" file is replaced during update #9 installation.
I suppose there is another problem.
Can you turn on debug mode and send me logs (folder /var/log/plesk/) with this error in Private Message?
To turn on debug mode, add in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini:

[debug]
enabled = on

[log]
filter.priority = 7
show.util_exec = on
show.util_exec_io = on

Last edited:
Hi vkolotov,
Sorry, im not working with the correct Packer.pm, im using the old Packer.pm, if i put the new (update #9) i have this issue,

ERROR: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1030 Got error 28 from storage engine (Pdo.php:234)

I think this is for space in disk, or what is this?

Hi,
Im not sure, because my /tmp is 4% of usage, but another location is 100% and now i cant acces to Tools & Settings -> Backups because i dont have space. my filesystem partitions is here:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 20026236 20009788 0 100% /
/dev/root 20026236 20009788 0 100% /
devtmpfs 16424552 4 16424548 1% /dev
none 3291600 904 3290696 1% /run
none 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock
none 16457984 12 16457972 1% /run/shm
overflow 1024 36 988 4% /tmp
/dev/sda3 1900706004 70616320 1733516348 4% /var

and i find that:
/opt/psa/PMM/session
have folders that contais the 17gb of my /

rootfs 20026236 20009788 0 100% /
/dev/root 20026236 20009788 0 100% /

Another server that I manage has also been having troubles with backups. I keep getting error messages like this:

ERROR: () Can't upload file 'clients/customerdomain/weekly_customerdomain_info_1407190218.xml' to ftp. Error code: 1

and it's filling up my drives. (The backups are run weekly via the "Customers -> Account -> Back Up My Account and Websites" backup choice; and the backups are sent to the personal FTP repository.) This was working fine for a very long time until the update to Plesk 12. Will the upcoming update #9 be addressing this one as well?

As a follow-up, I've also noticed that I get a run-away process called pmm-ras . I've let it run for days and it never ends. It's obviously part of the backup processing, because when I eventually kill it, the next backup process kicks off.

Hello.
Give me please your debug logs (I wrote above), because I can't understand the reason of problem without them.

Thank you for your logs. I see that you create scheduled(weekly) multivolume backup.
I'll try to reproduce your problem.

Last edited:
Hi!
Im having issues with backups yet. Now, i put to make a backup in ftp personal repository and the task starts to do it, but when the progress seems is 100%, the task disapear and anything is on ftp personal repository and also in server repository. Where is my backup? It finis correctly? :( All times problems, and i haven`t backup since 2 month. :(

Thanks.

To SacAutos:

It seems like you got exactly the same problem, as described vkolotov. Check your /tmp folder. Try workaround introduced by IgorG

To adrianllopis:

Please send me your migration.log and pmmcli.log (with debug enabled) in PM. Migration.log contains FTP transaction log, which can help to understand the reason of the problem
It's really bad to live without backups. To workaround make backup to server repository, download it and upload to FTP manually. It is the same steps, as backup to FTP, where these actions made automatically.

/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs
I need migration.log and pmmcli.log and also find there folder backup-2014-* with the latest failed backup logs and attach them too

If this helps at all, I have defined my backup container files to be split into chunks of 255MB pieces. I've noticed that the backups that are smaller than that size complete without incident. However, those that are greater than that fail. Furthermore, when looking at the personal FTP repository, many of the pieces are missing. Coincidence?

Backup to FTP does not depend on file size. Possibly there are some problems on uploading. Please provide me your logs as mentioned above to observe FTP session and the result output of pmm-ras --get-ftp-dump-list call

I've looked and found entries in both migration.log.<datestamp> and pmmcli_daemon.log.<datestamp> log files. In looking at them, I see no error messages. Which would you like? I can PM you with a download location.

Back