• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup problems

adrianllopis

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I have the last update (#6) but i have this message when i try to make a backup.

Error:
Runtime error: The check dump failed with code '1'. The dump can contain invalid data! at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1022.
Error:
The dump have been invalidated by check-dump operation

What is this?

Thanks.

Try to install latest update #7 and repeat backup.

I just updated, but i had the same error:

Error:
Runtime error: The check dump failed with code '1'. The dump can contain invalid data! at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1022.
Error:

After Update from 11.5 to 12.0.18 Update #7 the same error:
Error:
Runtime error: The check dump failed with code '1'. The dump can contain invalid data! at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1022.
Error:

it seems not fixed with der Update #7 :(

I think I might know the answer. A customer of mine had this error message the other day. Their /tmp folder was completely filled. It was causing all kinds of problems with their operation. Not knowing what the specific issue was, I rebooted the server and all the temporary files went away. I waved it off as a fluke.

Today I heard they were having problems again. This time I had found that overnight their weekly backup had been running. I found the tar container file had completely filled the /tmp space. Since /tmp was 6GB in size and the container was bigger, it filled up.

I have no proof; but my suspicions are that there was a change to the panel backup process that uses /tmp for building the backup files. My reasoning is that this server has been running fine for quite a while until updating to Plesk 12 when it was released. Anybody at Parallels care to confirm?

Send me, please, your logs in private message.
Required logs you can find at:
/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup-<timestamp>

Hi

We are having this exact issue. Since upgrading to Plesk 12 the backup is taking the server offline as the /tmp folder is filling up. It does appear that the backup process has changed as this didn't happen before the upgrade. It would be good to get some confirmation of this and if it has changed what we need to do as the tmp space on our servers is a lot smaller than the backup size.

I think I might know the answer. A customer of mine had this error message the other day. Their /tmp folder was completely filled. It was causing all kinds of problems with their operation. Not knowing what the specific issue was, I rebooted the server and all the temporary files went away. I waved it off as a fluke.

Today I heard they were having problems again. This time I had found that overnight their weekly backup had been running. I found the tar container file had completely filled the /tmp space. Since /tmp was 6GB in size and the container was bigger, it filled up.

I have no proof; but my suspicions are that there was a change to the panel backup process that uses /tmp for building the backup files. My reasoning is that this server has been running fine for quite a while until updating to Plesk 12 when it was released. Anybody at Parallels care to confirm?

12.0.18 Update #7 the same error:
Error:
Runtime error: The check dump failed with code '1'. The dump can contain invalid data! at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1022.
Error:

Not resolved with 12.0.18 Update #7, i have this error along 3 weeks. I need to resolve this for do backups. :(

Any solution?

Thanks.

Apply patch in attachment to the /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/Packer.pm
Don't forget to make its copy before for safety.
If you don't know what to do with patch file, simply find in Packer.pm lines marked with minus sign in patch file and replace them with these marked with plus sign.

Attachments

• notif_backup.patch
    844 bytes · Views: 26
Yes, I try to restore it, it works fine.
Of course, broken notification is not restored and you will see such warning after restore, but if you need it, you may easy correct it (or reset to default) in UI (Tools & Settings -> Notifications).

Problem with notifications is fixed in Update #9. You may apply patch, attached by Dmitry Y., but it's more easy to wait for Update #9. Probably it should will be published on Monday, 21.07.2014.
If you need backup just now, there is one more variant: you can correct broken notifications by yourself in UI ("Tools & Settings" -> "Notifications"). You may also restore them to default in UI. After this steps backup should work.

I have 2 servers with plesk, In one i applied the patch (Server A) in other no (Server B). After update 9, the server B works and the A no. :(

Back