• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Backup probme (Tools & Settings -> Backup Manager 11.5.30 Update #34

jcgalvez

Basic Pleskian
Dear sirs,

It came to my attention that there is a deep problem on parallels plesk 11.5.latest.

I only have 15 websites on a windows 2008 server that occupy about 5 gigs in total (all 15 sites)
Since I had a 1.5 gigs drive just for backups, I started to do backups daily, and I had about 200 backups, and I simply forget about them.
the space got tight and I had to "remove" old backups, but took about 1 hour to remove a single backup file, not to mention that when I tried to remove 1 full month (30 backup files) took about 2 hours and gave a timeout and did not remove one. (I also tried with 20, 15, 10 and nothing happens cannot remove the backup files)

I tried removing a single backup file, and takes forever.

Backups are on a "separate" hard drive on the same machine (separate volume)
Not using the "ftp" method, using the default backup model
Using the windows version of plesk 11.5.30 update # 34

On version 11.09 this worked like a charm, now on version 11.5.30 Update #34 and earlier, 11.5 do not work at all

Please help me find the problem, in order to solve the problem

Javier

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to clarify that:

1) When I was on version 11.09 (latest patch) this backup was really fast (even with 200 backups)
2) I upgraded to version 11.5 inmediately when was ready available, and I simply did not took any atention to the backup, just left as it was for a while.
3) thinking that was a 11.09 problem (the backups) I totally wiped all my backups (by hand) (reformat the hard disk just in case) and started a clean backup (beginning with the normal 11.5 backup format.
4) totally forgot about backups, and now that my raid-1 is failing, and I really want to make sure my server is totall restorable, faced a live situation, if I had to restore, maybe all the 11.5 backups may not work at all or may take a long time to restore (even for 15 websites and less than 7 gigs storage for all sites)

configuration: windows 2008 server 24 gigs in ram 3 hard drives (2 raid-1) 1 backups

thank you for your cooperation

Javier

Back