• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup probme (Tools & Settings -> Backup Manager 11.5.30 Update #34

jcgalvez

Basic Pleskian
Dear sirs,

It came to my attention that there is a deep problem on parallels plesk 11.5.latest.

I only have 15 websites on a windows 2008 server that occupy about 5 gigs in total (all 15 sites)
Since I had a 1.5 gigs drive just for backups, I started to do backups daily, and I had about 200 backups, and I simply forget about them.
the space got tight and I had to "remove" old backups, but took about 1 hour to remove a single backup file, not to mention that when I tried to remove 1 full month (30 backup files) took about 2 hours and gave a timeout and did not remove one. (I also tried with 20, 15, 10 and nothing happens cannot remove the backup files)

I tried removing a single backup file, and takes forever.

Backups are on a "separate" hard drive on the same machine (separate volume)
Not using the "ftp" method, using the default backup model
Using the windows version of plesk 11.5.30 update # 34

On version 11.09 this worked like a charm, now on version 11.5.30 Update #34 and earlier, 11.5 do not work at all

Please help me find the problem, in order to solve the problem

Javier

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to clarify that:

1) When I was on version 11.09 (latest patch) this backup was really fast (even with 200 backups)
2) I upgraded to version 11.5 inmediately when was ready available, and I simply did not took any atention to the backup, just left as it was for a while.
3) thinking that was a 11.09 problem (the backups) I totally wiped all my backups (by hand) (reformat the hard disk just in case) and started a clean backup (beginning with the normal 11.5 backup format.
4) totally forgot about backups, and now that my raid-1 is failing, and I really want to make sure my server is totall restorable, faced a live situation, if I had to restore, maybe all the 11.5 backups may not work at all or may take a long time to restore (even for 15 websites and less than 7 gigs storage for all sites)

configuration: windows 2008 server 24 gigs in ram 3 hard drives (2 raid-1) 1 backups

thank you for your cooperation

Javier

Back