• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup/restore problems

S

sofferto

Hi,

i want restore a my backup of a domain, from a server unix with Plesk 6 to another server unix with Plesk 7.5 reloaded.

The backup is successfully, but at the moment of restore on the new server, i have this error:

Unable to restore file: Error: domain_bu: Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/mydomain.com/mydomain.com

Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/mydomain.com/mydomain.com

can you help me please?
thanks

I might be wrong on this one. But i think you have to use the same server license you backed up the site as the one to restore it on. It's pretty lame and not thought out very well, if i'm correct.

I would suggest 4PSA's client backup. www.4psa.com

Best Regards,
poke

HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THE STUPID DUMP VERIFICATION PROBLEM

Okay, listen closely to this step by step process to fix this problem.

1. Create a backup of the domain with the plesk backup utility

2. Log into your mysql server and go to the psa database

3. Go to the table named misc

4. Find the param named bu_cert_id and record the value, should be a number like 3 or 4 some another close value

5. Now go to the table named certificates

6. Find the id that matches the number recorded in step 4, it will look something like this:

id csr pvt_key cert cert_file ca_cert ca_file name
1 [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 1.8 KB] [BLOB - 1.7 KB] certXW8kZHj [BLOB - 0 Bytes] default certificate
2 [BLOB - 546 Bytes] [BLOB - 541 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes] secure
3 [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 887 Bytes] [BLOB - 251 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes]

7. For me the id was 3, so row 3 was the certificate I needed.

8. This is the certificate you need on the new server, this is the pest causing all these problems!

9. Export this row to a text file

10. Open this text file and you will see the following within the file:

-- Dumping data for table `certificates`
--

INSERT INTO `certificates` VALUES (3, '', 0x2d2d2d2d2d424547494e205253...lots of characters...

11. Copy only this sql command with the entire key

12. This same key will work for all domains backed up on the server.

13. Once you are done with all your backups, go to the new server's mysql psa database
a. Or if you are upgrading plesk, upgrade and then go to the same database
b. Or if you are upgrading your server operating system, upgrade and go to the psa database

14. Go straight to the certificates table

15. Run the sql command but make sure the certificate id matches the certificate id in the misc table.

THATS IT, YOU ARE DONE AND CAN NOW RESUME TO RESTORE ALL DOMAINS BACKED UP WITH THIS KEY.

Good luck,

Great! Thanks for taking the time to explain this...... Does anyone out there know why swsoft restricts us in this way? It seems completely freakin stupid and should be resolved by swsoft. Or is there some motive out there on swsoft's part?

Either way, we've found a way around it. :D

Thanks,
poke

Back