• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup restore switching from 7.5.4 to 8.0 - question

C

Cameleon

hi, meaby i should not write in 8.0 because i still have 7.5.4 but i need to ask a question.

i want to reinstall server with newer ver of linux and 8.0 plesk (my hosting company advise me that action so i am gonna do it. anyway, i wanted to ask what is the best solution to move all my data from plesk is backup and restore will do a trick?, if i will do backup under 7.5.4 it will be restorable under 8.0, with no problems?. how can i backup all configs in plesk not only domains itself? is it olso possible, sorry for being so ignorance in this matter but i really would like to know list of things witch i souhld do before doing that.

ps. from last moment: anyways my hosting compay told me i should update my 7.5.4 ver to 8.0 and theen make backups so i could restore it after reinstalling whoole server, but i cant see in update option to update to 8.0 i did update all components 7.5.4 but plesk ver itself didnt change at all, so where is mistake or is it arledy updated or is there really need in this action?.

so hows with that compatibility backup/restore, is it gonna work from 7.5.4 to 8.0 ?, please if somone got 5min answer my questions..

sorry for bad english

i think your important directories to backup are these:

/usr/local/psa

/var/lib/mysql

/var/qmail

<...>/httpd/vhosts

I don't warranty to work well!!

The 7.5.4 dump file cannot be restored to a Plesk 8.0.1 system. Your host is right in suggesting upgrading the current server and then doing a backup.

As to the update not being available, do you have a current SUS? If so you should be able to use the updater. Another option would be to go to the download section of sw-soft.com and download the autoinstaller for your OS manually. Be sure to upgrade your license key.

Back