• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Backup Upload over 2GB

- In the backup settings allow "local FTP storage space" on your system.
- Create a "fake" subscription (with any domain name, it does not need to be registered).
- Upload your backup file by FTP into the root directory of that subscription.
- Set your backup FTP location to the FTP storage space of that subscription.
- Import your backup from there.

Or if the file on the server
plesk bin pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/backup_-----.tar -level server -ignore-sign -backup-password "backup_password"
or in a other location (/var/lib/psa/dumps/backup_-----.tar)

- Create a "fake" subscription (with any domain name, it does not need to be registered).
It works, thanks a lot, have same issue, send via FTP to root, edit options on the Tools & Settings to enable local FTP... and in the domain name for FTP settings, had to rename the file as asked YYMMDD...

Just to add that restoration not worked, I'll search solution :

Restoration Task Feb 20, 2022 06:29 PM Details​

Warning:
The PHP handler 7.3 FPM application served by Apache (id=plesk-php73-fpm) is not available. Instead, Plesk will use 8.0.15 FPM application served by Apache (id=plesk-php80-fpm) for the following websites: xxxxxxxx.fr
Warning: Restore domain "xxxxxxxx.fr"
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update xxxxxxxx.fr -guid 002dd5fc-ee56-4a7a-9207-60a159b7839f -creation-date 2019-01-28 -description '' -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip 163.172.103.178 -www-root httpdocs -login acplgpdotfr -passwd '' -passwd_type sym -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1. Stderr is An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: System user update is failed: Unable to execute usermng: usermng: /usr/sbin/usermod execution failed: usermod: user xxxxxxxx-fr is currently used by process 11512 usermng: Unable to modify user: xxxxxxxx-fr

Worked with this :
As a workaround:

1. Login to Plesk

2. Suspend the subscription under Domains > example.com > Suspend;

3. Disable "PHP Support" on Domains > example.com > Hosting Settings;

> WORKED WITHOUT THIS POINT (not installed) 4. Stop "PHP-FPM 7.X" service under Tools & Settings > Service Management;

5. Rename the system user at Domains > example.com > Web Hosting Access;

> WORKED WITHOUT THIS POINT (not installed) 6. Start "PHP-FPM 7.X" service again at Tools & Settings > Service Management.

After import worked well and activate the domain on end of backup. If it can help someone else.

Hi Peter,
I'm still having issues with this.
I don't know how to upload my backup file by FTP.
Where would I set my backup's FTP location?
Would you be able to tell me how I can upload my 22GB Backup file to my plesk server?
Warm regards,
Yemi

@yemi You need an FTP program for that, or example the ever favorite (and free) "Filezilla".

For a local import through GUI it is required to setup your server's backup policy to accept localhost as a backup location. This can be done in "Tools & Settings" > "Backup Manager" > "Settings" > Checkbox "Allow setting up FTP backup storage on the local server".

Then: For your "fake" subscription you have an FTP user account. This is normally associated with the root of your subscription. What you need to do is to setup your "Remote Storage Settings" in your backup manager to that account on localhost, e.g.

2022-10-14_09-05-43.jpg

When you have uploaded your backup archive by FTP to the root of your "fake" subscription and when you have set the FTP credentials in the backup manager's ftp storage settings to the FTP user of that subscription, your backup archive file will appear in your backup manager backups list. From there you can work with it locally as if it was stored elsewhere and you can easily restore data from it.

Last edited:
hi, i allowed local ftp but how to make a fake subscription?

Back