• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup verification

XLS202

New Pleskian
Hello,
is it possible to only install the backup verification tool on a server?
Or does this tool work without a Plesk License?
Because I want to verify my backups after downloading them to an offsite server without having to pay for a full license only to run the backup verification command

Or does anyone have a better solution?

Is this method not enough for your purpose?
Or what do you mean?

I want to use this command, but on another Server. So not on the Server I use to host the Websites but the Server I use as Backup destination. Because I want to test the backup after the transfer. And my question is if there is a way to run the backup validate command without a Plesk license, because this Server will not host anything, it should only test.

That is, you want to use this command on a server where Plesk is not installed? This is not possible because this utility is a deeply integrated part of Plesk.

It would be no problem to install Plesk. But the question is, if it is possible without paying a second license fee for the backup server, to only validate backups.

Plesk CLI utilities will not work without a proper Plesk license.

Back