• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Backup Warning: Failed to pack files

Lloyd_mcse

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hi everyone,
I hope someone can help me, I keep getting this warning on one of my domains.
I was running on a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS VPS and had this error too, then yesterday imported the domain from the old VPS to our new Plesk Server (Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS) and I still get this error on this one domain.
This is the error in question...

Warning: hosting "mydomain.tld"

Failed to pack files Backup_mydomain.tld_user-data_1311120042 in /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/mydomain.tld [ 49562925056 bytes free of 53687091200 bytes total on mount point 0]

Warning: hosting "mydomain.tld"

For security reason backup is performed on behalf of subscription system user. System user has no read access to backup file.

It only happens on this one domain, I'm not sure if it makes a difference but this is the only domain that has databases.
Any ideas how I can resolve this warning.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Kind regards

Lloyd

It looks like I have found the culprit! There was some folder structure left over from previous versions of Plesk.

/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/anonftp
/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/pd/
/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/statistics/ (sym linked to the correct one)
/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/cgi-bin/
/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/conf/ (sym linked to the correct one)

Once that lot had been removed I ran a manual backup and got no warning.
Fingers crossed the scheduled one will be the same tomorrow.

Back