• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved backup zipfile invalid

Wieb

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows 10.0.20348.2031 server
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.56 Update #1
Probable bug:

On trying to restore a (downloaded) backup, Windows reports the file as invalid.
So does WinZip.
The Winzip command toolkit finds "end-of-central-directory header not found"
The toolkit could repair this, after which the restore could be executed.

This is a persistant error.

I am using
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition
Version 18.0.56 Update #1

The backup files are design to be done by Plesk themselves since they're usually encrypted. Trying to use file explorer or any other zip application will not be able to open it. You will need to use the backup manager to restore.

Thank you scsa20 for this straight answer, though very disappointing.
I think Plesk then should not use de zip-extension for backups.

To me it means that we can not use the backup facility from Plesk, except maybe just for the plesk-configuration.
No backup file-format should be dependent on a particular company.

How can that not work? Are you saying that despite the setting new backups are still created with tzst compression?
It seems so. I do not know how to determine the actual used method.
After changing, the downloaded file still was not readable by native zip (Included in Windows and in the commercial WinZip)

Note on procedure:
I copyd C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\conf.panel.ini.sample to panel.ini (there was no panel.ini yet) and added compressionMethod = deflate to the pmm section.
later (i had some doubt this to be working) i installed the panel.ini edit extension. This confirmed the change was correct. (see attached)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
I don't think one has to, but maybe for the change to apply it is required to systemctl restart sw-engine && systemctl restart sw-cp-server. Previously as far as I remember it was not required, but maybe you can give it a try.

Back