• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backups are failing. How come?

tino

Basic Pleskian
My Plesk server backups are failing. This is the contents of the migration.result;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/datefolder/migration.result">
<message id="0ac5c475-b9d7-43cb-8532-40cd4728941c" severity="error" code="UtilityError">
<description>Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1142.
at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1142
main::rotateDump(snip) called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 720
main::__ANON__() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 415
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 407
Error::subs::try('CODE(0x13160af0)', 'HASH(0x12e2a2e0)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 728
main::perform(snip) called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1200
main::__ANON__() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 408
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Error.pm line 407
Error::subs::try('CODE(0xf744170)', 'HASH(0x10f216e0)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1209
main::main() called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1211.
</description>
</message>
</execution-result>

Any ideas what's causing this? The error is kind of cryptic...

For now, I'll try using passive mode FTP. See if that helps.

Tino

Last edited:
Error message:

Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1142.

indicate that the problem occurs when PMM tries to remove existing backup by FTP. It can be caused by either FTP timeout or other protocol or network issues. Also it can be caused active mode of FTP.

Thanks.

I have change the Private FTP Repository's settings to use Passive FTP. Hopefully that does the trick!

Tino

Ditto

I too have started receiving these messages since yesterday. Coincidentally, the day before that I had updated from 10.2 to 10.3.1

I've looked at my messages log on the receiving server from last night and nothing unusual is reported: FTP session opened followed shortly thereafter by a session exit. I suspect a bug has been introduced...

Switching to Passive FTP fixed the problem for me. Although I have checked that there are no problems whatsoever with using Active FTP.

Second, I have noticed that you should not start your backup path with a '/' as the example in the dialog shows.

So type 'backups/myserver/' in stead of '/backups/myserver/'.

Tino

Already did that

Tino, I'm already using passive mode and already have the directory path as you had suggested. Still receiving the errors. The irony is that the backups see to be working. The tar files are on the remote server. But I would sure like to understand what the warning messages are about and find out how to stop them.

Most probably the errors are related to the fact that the scheduler will delete old backups. (You can set the amount of backups you want to keep, right?).
This is where the error occurs, so that's after the backup has been made. It then gets the directory contents, enumerates the backups, and deletes the old ones.
This is failing. So perhaps the 'ls' doesn't work, or de 'rm'. (permissions) You can check that manually.

Tino

Sorry to keep disagreeing with you

Tino, thanks so much for trying to be helpful. Actually, I've already checked that. All the files on the remote system are owned by the user account that receives them. And since I've expanded the number of tarballs that can be stored a few weeks ago, no pruning should be attempted.

Remember, everything was working (quietly) until I performed the "update" to 10.3.1

Nada

Tino, there's nothing unusual that I can see. At this point it's just annoying so I'm not dropping everything to work on it. But it would be nice if it's fixed and it could be part of a larger unknown issue so I want to be sure that Parallels knows about it.

Still happening

I get these messages every day that backups are performed. Still curious and annoyed...

I have same behaviour un version 10.3.1
Backups are created, but not rotated so that old version are still on the ftp repository.
It is not a timeout problem, I've put 1h of timeout and the ftp logs doesn't show any time out.

In /usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions I find this in the logs, but nothing googling about.

"CurlError[76931fac-9dab-42b3-86c2-48b87d6ae33fl error: Access denied to remote resource [./ftp.cpp:439]"

In the repository all files are owned by the ftp account.

Back