• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backups downloaded from FTP Repo not showing up in the Backup Manager GUI.

Matt Grant

Regular Pleskian
I cannot find an eiasier way to do this, so I SSH into the server, then FTP to my 1&1 FTP backup and download the file backup file to the /var/lib/psa/dumps/ folder. When I try and access the Backup Manager from the Plesk gui, I do don't see the backup on local server repo tab. What am I missing?

I just need to restore one client's website for them, but when I went to do it, I realized the all the backups are on the FTP server and when I click on the backup link I get a page wanting to restore the entire server and this message on the banner "Warning: You have to upload backup file to the server repository if you want to select the objects that should be restored."

What is the preferred way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Plesk used to backup to the local server and the FTP server, but for some reason it has stopped doing that. Is there any way to make it do that again?

Please Help!!!!!

Matt, after downloading the backup file, you need to UN-Tar the backup file to the individual files and folders. Plesk reads the XML file in the dumps folder to determine the backups in it ..Is that what you did?

I figured this out on my own, sorry I did not post that I solved the problem. Now If I could get the backups on the server and FTP at the same time...

Back