• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question backups not working

Mark R

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have plesk running an ecommerce site using opencart,

I have just installed an opencart extension which didn't work correctly, so when uninstalling it produced a 500 server error.
I tried restoring from two plesk 'domain backups' which completed successfully, but both still showing 500 server error? cleared cache, tried incognito browser and and tried a different network provider still no change.
I had to restore my vps from a backup image.

why would happen any ideas ?

Your title does not match your issue.

why would happen any ideas ?
Don't use it again, error 500 is a serious error that is a result of a bad extension piece of code.

Hi, I understand the 500 error.
My question is that non of my plesk 'Domain' backups worked after the server error, it's like it corrupted plesk.

Hi, I understand the 500 error.
My question is that non of my plesk 'Domain' backups worked after the server error, it's like it corrupted plesk.
What Hextrator is trying to point out is that this is likely not the backup issue. Hence your title is misleading. My advice is that You need to check your logs and provide more information about the error. Even your initial report suggest this is about something else. Good luck with it.

Back