• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backups on Plesk 7.5.3

K

kernel

Hi Guys,

I'm running Plesk 7.5.3 on Fedora 3.
Via Plesk, I've overnight backups on all the sites we host, then FTP the backup to web space provided by our ISP, but two sites fail the backup run each night. They fail on the FTP. These two failing sites happen to be external domains ie. the domains are have not been transferred to 1&1 - our RootServer provider.

Has anyone seen this before? I would be grateful for any ideas...

Thanks

Kernel

So your using Plesk to backup the accounts and FTP them off to your 1and1 provided FTP space. What do you mean by external, the domain is hosted externally or the DNS is just hosted externally and hasn't been transferred to 1and1 yet?

Is your FTP space full?

I assume these are scheduled backups, can you manually push them ?

eWebtricity - I've spent some time checking my configuration and running overnight backups. because when the backup runs, it takes the web site offline.

In response to your questions, yes these are scheuled backups. The destination web space is not full - (I've seen that one before!!). I tried pushing the backup file across to the web space using ftp. I discovered a naming problem with the destination directories. This might be the problem. I'll see how tonight's backup goes.

Thanks for your suggestions!

regards.

Back