• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bad Business

J

JZMatrix

I do believe this company could get quite a bit more business if it only spent a few moments to make it's current customers happy. I've lost count how many un-answered threads I've read on this board from months gone by. I've posted a few threads in search of assistance as well as sent help requests directly to SWsoft, all of which seem to fall on deaf ears. I wonder how the people on the Plesk side is doing. It seems to me that unless you spend big bucks with SWsoft and use their flagship product with all the extras they really could care less how much success you have with their product and how much business you send their way (since their products do seem nice, once they are finally (kind of) working).

Sorry for the rant, was looking for some replies to a post I saw someone else post a number of weeks ago regarding SB 2.0 for Debian and noticed that SWsoft still hasn't answered, or published a Debian version. :confused:

JZMatrix, sorry for such a delay. :rolleyes:

Sitebuilder 2.0 for FreeBSD is on the testing stage right now. It will be releases soon. Please watch our website for an announcement about the new release.

Danil,

I appreciate the speedy reply to my post. Is there any word on SiteBuilder 2.0 for Debian?

And for the record, as far as product quality goes, from what I have seen SWSoft has some good products with good potential, however with the level of support they offer the true potential goes unseen as I have yet to see any positive posts on these forums, just a number of very frustrated users trying to manage on their own (on relying on other users that are running into the same issue).

:)

Build for debian will be available soon.

But you can install the Sitebuilder 2.0 on your system with Debian now. You should follow these steps:
1. convert rpm to .deb using alien.
2. install it.
3. set proper permissions
chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/local/sitebuilder/
4. eject sitebuilder.conf from .deb, copy it to /etc/apache2/sites-available/
5. set proper values into etc/apache2/sites-available/sitebuilder.conf

restart apache.

Please let us know if it helps or not.

we installed sb2 on one of our debian-servers without problems.
if you are not able to convert the rpm´s and install the software on debian you might be on the wrong business? ;)

after installation we opened 2 tickets mainly concerning problems with the licence key (the problem finally turned out to be our fault), and they were both answered quickly.

Didn't have any issues, just one thing to keep in mind:

When you run on PHP 4.4.0, you've got to update your ioncube files. It doesn't come with a loader for 4.4.0. A quick download can fix that thoug. :)

Back