• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Basic DNS Confusion

Creature

New Pleskian
Forgive my ignorance here - I'm new to Plesk after many years in Cpanel.

I'm trying to set the default server-wide name servers - but I am running into an issue where the NS records for every domain are showing up as -

ns1.nameserverdomain.com.naemofhostedsite.com instead of ns1.nameserverdomain.com

I know this is a user error and probably a stupid question but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Looks like you've misconfigured the DNS template. More information on the DNS template can be read here: DNS Settings

In short creating a NS record in the DNS template with the value ns1.<domain> will transform into ns1.example.com when you add the domain example.com. If you want 'fixed' nameserver then you simply set the value for NS records to ns1.nameserverdomain.com in the DNS template.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks, Kaspar - that's where I am editing them - but I'm still getting that weird output. I'll try removing my test domain - resetting to default and trying again.

Back