• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Be Warned

U

Unregistered

Be very careful when if you upgrade.

If you do have any problems sw-soft team are not very helpful.

I won't post all the details as I would still like them to help.

The problem itself has been reported a few times on these forums and never answered. The person with the problem always has to go to support to get this problem fixed.

So thats what i did. Only to find out that because I bought plesk from a reseller I HAVE TO PAY FOR SUPPORT

Yes I have to pay to get the control panel working again after the update screwed it up.!!!!

So if you buy any of sw-softs product be warned if you upgrade and it breaks they will basically say something like

Fu*k YOU we have your money now fu*k off. Oh and if you want it to work again pay us some more money.

So now i have customers having a go at me for not having a cp! Well some work for my solicitor anyway.

Alan Lloyd

Well, your reseller sucks ;-) I got plesk from ev1servers (rackshack). I asked for support three times, and every time plesk support was good, really good.

One time they even loged to my server (i gave them permission) to investigate the problem (the actually problem was with my browser ;-)

P.S Vadim Syrovatsky thanks again.

Why is that the point. Reseller or not its a SW soft product.

They are responsible for making sure it works. No one else.

And dont post this to every forum please, its really not necessary. (Note, I deleted your duplicates, not SW-Soft)

Sorry to be so rude scott but please stay out of it!

Originally posted by Unregistered
Why is that the point. Reseller or not its a SW soft product.

They are responsible for making sure it works. No one else.

Its also your responsability to test the update before putting it onto a production server.

Also you bought it from a reseller so your first course of action should be to contact your reseller. In my case if I have a problem I contact 1 & 1 support and they look into the problem. THEY contact SW Soft if they are not able to solve the problem. You are not SW Softs customer you are your resellers customer.

Another example is... I don't handle support for my resellers customers I provide support to the reseller and my direct customers. If one of my reseller's customer has a problem they contact their provider (my reseller) and then if the reseller is unable to solve a problem they then contact me and I solve the problem for the reseller.

Personally I'm tired of people coming to these forums and complaining because they messed up their server when they upgraded without testing and now can't get support. And its even worse when they show up here don't post the problem and just complain that they can't get support from plesk because they didn't purchase support or the plesk reseller won't help.

I'm going to go take a breather now before I say something I will regret.

Firstly, I agree with Jason... theres no need for me to say anything as it already has been!

If it is a probably that has occured before, share it with us and we will try to fix it, thats what a community is about.

Before we pay any upgrades, the server is backed up. It does state on the installer (FreeBSD) and the documentation that you should perform a backup before upgrading in case there is any problems.

Cheers,
Paul

I think the permissions need fixing in this forum. Surely only staff should be able to post official announcements here! ;)

Originally posted by ZeroSixty
I think the permissions need fixing in this forum. Surely only staff should be able to post official announcements here! ;)

Agreed

As I have said before.. This situation is no different when upgrading or updating OS's in a production environment. Broken software or not, you still need to be responsible and put it through testing first. It's not possible to test every configuration possible before releasing software. And as with any other company, unless you have a support contract, you will be paying for support, even with upgrades/updates. This is why I always have a virtual server on standby for a testing and why I also don't always upgrade right away when something is released. There's a point where the developers reasonability's end and yours begin.

Back