• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Behind a Firewall - IP mapping

M

MarkDAE

Hi all,

I was wondering, i have a server behind a "real" firewall and the firewall maps all external traffic to the inner DMZ

So the external ip 82.xxx.xxx.101 points to the DMZ ip on server 192.xxx.xxx.101

Now this is afaik a common setup if you are behind a firewall.

I think you guys see it comming .. When i create a DNS entry in plesk it points to the internal (192.) adapter address ..

Now i can solve this by adding the 82.xxx.xxx.101 address to the adapter but is this the way to do it ??

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have encountered your problem as well and didn't find a work around. I had to stick to using a public address and then firewall the address with a good firewall/router.

It would be interesting to know if this is possible.

Just modify dns zone template in Plesk CP -> Server -> DNS to replace "<ip>" tag with the real external IP address and all new domains will point to the specified external IP right after creation.

I don't think this will help if you want to automate plesk and have multiple IP addresses?
My solution was to give the plesk servers a public IP.

My router could do both Public IP and forwarding with no issues.

You're right. It will not be that easy with multiple external IPs. Things will become little bit better when per client DNS template will be implemented.

Eventually, i went for both solutions

Edit the DNS template and create two new nameservers pointing to the external IP's

Let my firewall do the rest.

thank you all.

Kind regards,

Mark

Back