• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Best configuration for chunky WordPress site?

guyinpv

New Pleskian
I need to migrate a large WordPress site to a VPS from a shared host.
I'm testing a VPS that is 4vCPU and 4GB RAM and I currently have Plesk set to Nginx-only.
I'm using the "Dedicated FPM application served by Nginx" option.

My question is, do I also need to enable FastCGI support on the same configuration page? See Screenshot.

I also have the nginx cache turned on, and Opcode cache enabled.

This WordPress site has almost 80 plugins, it's WooCommerce and so it's very dynamic. Also very slow on shared host. What would be the ideal configuration for performance? I started with Apache+Nginx but realized I only needed Apache for like one single htaccess file. I switched to Nginx only and added an exception for that one case.

Anyway, what else can I do for caching? Redis? Rocket loader? I believe memcached is also on. It's hard to verify that everything works.

Looking for even more speed? Then you could try to use Litespeed as a web server LiteSpeed Extension. This could make it even a bit faster. But it can also create a lot of configuration trouble. Personally, I think using the Nginx-only configuration is perfect enough, because it is an excellent balance between maintainability and speed.

Back