• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question nginx caching - what is recomended setup? wordpress+woocommerce

dariusju

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
latest
i failing to search final result that suits this combo: wordpress+woocommerce, to get best cache experience.

1. proxy mode - is required?
2. cache size and timeout - what optional values?
3. request cookies - what to fill? out of the box wordpress comes without cookies, but when i add something in cart i get wp_woocommerce_session_f3c93297f61498596480ad849b10163c
woocommerce_cart_hash
woocommerce_items_in_cart
an woocomerce cokie remains all the time so all the time after i add to cart page will not be cashed for me?
4. locations, do i need fill something or wordpress already send no-cashe headers?
5. any Additional nginx directives?

1696919508905.png

I've been looking for a concrete solution for the same stack (Plesk Obsidian + Nginx proxy + WooCommerce).

I found this interesting article that warns about if/when to use Nginx cache: Enabling nginx caching

I deduce that we should be looking for another solution, like WP Super Cache, WP Rocket, or something else tailored for WP/Woo. Sorry I don't have a definitive answer as I am still doing some research. I've been reading various documentation for weeks and its a lot to digest.

Can a Plesk expert chime in on the benefit of installing memchached for dynamic content on Wordpress+WooCommerce? From my research, it seems that object cache would help with dynamic content while Cloudflare will help with static content. I found a decent guide on installing memechaced via Plesk, but I need some insight as I don't want to deal with removing if it doesn't work as expected.

does anyone here as a answer to this? I really need to improve my woocommerce performance. page loading times etc. using Plesk

I have setup cloud flare free plan and connected to Plesk via the cloud flare sync plugin (had some bugs with automatic syncing, so I just click it manually as needed). Then I installed and configured Super Page Cache for Cloudflare by Optimal (Super Page Cache for Cloudflare). The documentation was concise and I was able to verify it working. Unless you're using CloudFlare APO or some other advanced configuration, this plugin is a great open source solution for caching your static content.

As for database content, my next mission is to do some research on Redis implementation.

Side note: For anyone selling digital download content, consider the S3, especially for a lot of small files that have low or no cost for storage. I use a paid plugin (Amazon S3 Storage - WooCommerce Marketplace) which allows much easier management of files. I could easily use Transmit for Mac or S3 Browser for Windows and make updates to digital products without touching media library, keeping it cleaner.

Back