• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BIND issues

K

kkropp

For some reason or another, named quits responding and I found the following interesting information in the messages log:

Apr 27 04:47:00 mcswb01 named[78172]: *** POKED TIMER ***
Apr 27 04:47:00 mcswb01 last message repeated 2 times

and then:

May 1 07:53:45 mcswb01 named[78172]: client {IP ADDRESS}#6192: no more recursive clients: quota reached
May 1 07:53:45 mcswb01 last message repeated 95 times

the thing that works is restarting named, but I don't think I should have to restart named every few days to make it work properly. Can anyone help with this? It is something I have never seen before.

If the IP address in the log is from outside your network, then you may want to reconfigure Bind/Named to turn off recursive lookups.

If you google on "no more recursive clients", you will find this to be more common with servers running Bind 9.2 and higher.

The other option would be to increase the limit on recursive clients to a higher number.

I also found at least one hit where it was related to Torrent doing too many lookups.

Here is one site with Bind/Named config info
Reconfig info

Back