• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bothced Plesk upgrade

H

hakkrdan

Hi, all -

Welp, under CentOS 3, my RPM database became corrupt before I did an upgrade. Had I know the database was corrupt, I would not have preformed the upgrade. The upgrade blew up in the middle, and now things are, well, just plain messed up. The sites work, the server is still operating, however I have no administration ability over it.

Well, the rpmdb is fixed, and I used the autoinstaller from the command-line to preform the upgrade, however when I attempt to bring up my console, I get:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Table 'psa.itmpl_data' doesn't exist

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:229
db_query(string 'SELECT control, state FROM itmpl_data WHERE page="/login_up.php3" AND itmpl_id=""')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/visibility.php:199
getVisibilityCustomizations(string '/login_up.php3')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/visibility.php:434
getVisibility(string 'login', boolean true, NULL null)
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/visibility.php:443
isControlVisible(string 'login', boolean true)
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/elements.php3:341
fetch_hideable_button(array)
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/elements.php3:254
comm_button(string 'login', string '', string 'return login_oC(document.forms[0], document.forms[1])', boolean true, integer '3')
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php3:169

Google didn't bring up much info except for the following link:

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?postid=158462

If no one has any better ideas, I think I'll follow those procedures. I just wanted a second set of eyes to take a look at this one, just in case. I expect almost the same problems with the database restore because the pre-upgrade database is, well, full of pre-upgrade data, and I'm sure that Plesk has changed some internal information and database changes and all that good stuff.

So, am I screwed - again? I am disappointed to say that I've never had Plesk upgrade go as scheduled, or without incident. Hopefully this will change soon.

Thanks!
-dant

Hi -

Just wanted to update you all.

Nothing has changed, and I'm sick and tired of Plesk blowing up left and right.

I started using Plesk to alleviate certain headaches for myself and my customers, but instead, it has created more headache than what it is worth. I'm going back to my home-grown, hand-rolled solution.

I sincerely appreciate the help that a lot of you have been able to give me over the past few years, and I hope I made an impact on and helped others, as well. I wish you all the best of luck.

Thanks for the time, and best of luck.

Thanks
-dant

Back