• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Broken Backups

Jim12

New Pleskian
Hi,

I hope somebody can help as this is driving me mad :)

I'm on Plesk 10.4.4. Ubuntu VPS.

Through the control panel I click on the "Server" Tab.
Then click "Backup Manager" (this is slow to come up - maybe 20 seconds).
Then click "Current Tasks" tab.

I have 13 tasks showing and whichever one I try to remove (by clicking the "remove" link next to the entry) it comes back with "Error: Permission denied" at the op of the page and the task hasn't been removed.

Also, whenever I reboot the server it seems that these tasks attempt to run, but fail.

Is there a manual way to remove these task or reset all backups?

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks.

Hi,

Can anyone help?
I've scoured the forums and Google. Nothing seems to help with this.
The nearest I got was a link to another thread - but the link's dead. Frustrating!

I can't backup my system because all those backup jobs list in "Current Tasks" try to run whenever I reboot, they fill the HDD and kill the server.

I can't see any table in mysql/psa that seems to hold those tasks and certainly don't know why they try and run following a reboot.

Any clues gratefully received as it's driving me nuts and leaving me with a crashing server that I can't backup :(

Would upgrading to Plesk 12.5.8 be of any help?
I'm reluctant to try this yet as I get 2 warnings (including AppArmor) which I've followed the instructions to clear but still get. It recommends not upgrading without a backup - which is my usual policy anyway.

So I'm very stuck...

Thanks,
:)

Back