• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bug found together with Solution in "Wordpress section" of Plesk

Frater

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 12.5

When I select "Wordpress" from the main menu I got the error "Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id 117"

In mysql I gave the command:
Code:
select id,name,htype from domains where id=117;

This turned out to be a domain for which I moved hosting to another server (DNS is still on the original server). I turned off web hosting.
I decided to turn it on again and checked the Wordpress section of Plesk (the main one, not the domain's)

The error was gone.
I then turned webhosting off for that domain and the error came back.

I assumed Plesk keeps a table of all the scanned wordpress sites and runs into an error if one of them is gone. so I turned on webhosting again for that domain and after that I did a rescan of all Wordpress sites.
Of course that specific domain didn't show up as that Wordpress site was removed for a while...
I turned off webhosting again and after that the Wordpress section was still working....

Problem solved (well, for me after troubleshooting.... now it's up to you to prevent it from happening).

Hi Frater!

Thank you for reporting the issue. But unfortunately I cannot reproduce it in our test environment. Could you please clarify the steps:
1. Is WordPress installed on main domain or on some additional domain?
2. What to you mean by "turning webhosting on/off"?

In Plesk Panel's start page is a "Wordpress" section and there one can see all the Wordpress sites.
If I disable webhosting of a domain (main domain) that has Wordpress installed (that one was not installed by Plesk, but I'm not 100%) and I return to the startpage of Plesk and select Wordpress I will get "Unable to find service node for...."

Beware, I did not remove the site, I just stopped web hosting for that domain (I don't know if it makes a difference).
This means all site information will be removed and will not come back for that domain (which is good)

I can't remove that domain because it has to remain on that server as it is an authoritative DNS for that domain.

Tried with manually installed wordpress but still cannot reproduce the issue in our test environment.

By "stopped web hosting" you mean:
1. change hosting type on Hosting Settings screen
2. disable domain
3. or something else?

Back