• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved DNS Not updating

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

So I have added some DNS entries, to a domain, waited for few days, seemed weird, didn't update.
They I went an did a dig lookup, and figured that the serial was different ( 01 revision ) on 8.8.8.8 compared to the 02 I had.

Anyway, went on, ran: /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --update-soa seesnaps.com
As well as: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --update seesnaps.com

SOA serial was now the same on both my end as well as 8.8.8.8 ( 2017122002 )

So, all good so far, but still, I have a bunch of entries inside Plesk which wont show up ... for some reason.

Plesk dashboard DNS Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Terminal DIG: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Plesk zone-file ( /run-root ): https://i.imgur.com/FmO3HWP.png

As you can see, the zone file inside Plesk is configured correctly (as far as I can see), the serial seems to be corect, but for some reason this domain does not want to propagate DNS changes.

Went on and restarted the bind service, just to make sure, still the new entries are not showing.

Any advice would be great as the client wants to run a mail campaign during Christmas, and needs these DNS entries working.

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you clarify which exactly DNS entries does not update?
Also, I noticed you use 24h ttl for records. So, the records could be cached for 24 hours.

You could find some additional warnings by link: Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

You are using `dig` for the domain but not for subdomains. `dig` does not work recursively for all subdomains. Try to ask for subdomain too.

# dig @8.8.8.8 manage.seesnaps.com | grep -A 2 '^;; ANSWER'
;; ANSWER SECTION:
manage.seesnaps.com. 21599 IN A 13x.24y.9z.109

# dig @8.8.8.8 google._domainkey.seesnaps.com TXT | grep -A 2 '^;; ANSWER'
;; ANSWER SECTION:
google._domainkey.seesnaps.com. 21599 IN TXT "v=DKIM1\; k=rsa\; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDXqNH63KndzLk92tq1KqLDked8g4DYxJTkDnqPrC2JYNy3LCm8rKScDCrNEVcpgXagZ49eA3A6wP/cFhACf8LGl2TYeSbGyikIqwtV7VKAdsO1cJatD7y3LUIAvg3Dse/0PRcw96d3Ed6tWwx5WA7cT4kSAUZKoQlGhq2P+fgOjQIDAQAB"

3 x CNAME very hard to type with hand :)

Haha! You're a genius. I feel so dumb, did not think about recursion ...

Thank you so much! I was so worried, didn't even think about pinging the mailer subdomain.

Thanks a bunch! Learnt a new thing today.

Back