• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cached Perl Modules cause big trouble

netdiver

New Pleskian
Hi folks.

Currently a very strange thing happens on my system. (Suse9.3/Plesk7.5.4/Apache2)

I have some self written Perl modules installed in the /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/MyMods and when I use some functions from these modules I encounter cached values in some variables as well as chached module versions.

Example: I use a script with at least two URL parameters (via GET) and I resolve them in my script via the CGI module.
After refreshing the page a couple of times I delete one of the parameters and refresh the page in my browser. sporadically I still receive my old values.

Example 2:
In my modules I have a function bla( ); that does nothing but printing out some values. If I add a line for example printing out "hello world" Ireceive after refreshing my browser "hello world". When I erase this "hello world" line in my module and I press refresh .. I still get "Hellor world".
After approx 30-40 seconds I receive the updated values .. and sporadically the old ones. Using a fresh Browser window doesnt help. After approx 2-3 min I always receive the actual printout.

??????
Btw. this is not a browser issue. I tried all settings and different browsers as well. Oh .. and I display a timecode.

I'm a bit confused and currently I have no clue where I could fix this problem.
Somehow it seems that the per modules are cached.

Ok, thanks for dealing with my problems.
I hope anyone has a solution .. or at least a hint.

All the best,

Marco

Back