• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can anyone assist me with this error? Getting an error trying to create a new domain

C

CBiLL

When I try to set up a new domain like I always done in Plesk 8.1 and I am getting this

Code:
Unable to update hosting preferences: system user update is failed: Unable to create system user: usermng: Unable to add user

I have already done a search on this forum but no vaild answer can be found during a search so I though I would post the error message and see if anyone can point me to the right direction on what may be causing this error.

As of right now I am unable to add any new domain until this error is resolved.

Running CentOS 4 with Plesk 8.1.1 which CP states it the latest version.

Thank you
Bill

I rebooted the server and it seem to fix the issue I had and allow me to add domains again.

Strange.

Oh well at least it's working but still would like to know what may have cause it in the first place for future reference if anyone had similar experience?

Also some of the domain on Plesk had been injected with this

Code:
<iframe src=http://googlerank.info/counter style=display:none></iframe>

Which I had to go in and removed them but I did some research and contact some folks who have the same thing injected into their sites and all are using Plesk.

Bill

Back