• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can I access a domain thru it's IP?

D

Dragons Master

Heya folks,

I'm moving servers and before I finish moving files I don't want to change the site's DNS because the new server is pretty empty as we're still moving all the files..

But I would like to see how the site looks on the new server - to see if I configured everything right and all, is there a way to do it?

Say I configured the domain yada.com using plesk on my new server whose is 222.222.222.222 but I didn't yet set the domain's dns so going to yada.com won't lead me to the new server - is there anyway to get to yada.com site hosting on the new server to load on the browser? by going to 222.222.222.222/SOMETHING/yada.com?

Thank you,
- Ben

In the control panel, go to Server - IP addresses.

Click on the '0' (zero) under the Hosting column for the IP address 222.222.222.222

Select the radio button on the end of the row for the yada.com domain.

Click on the link above 'Set as default'.

Now if you browse to URL http://222.222.222.222 it should show you the yada.com site.

This assumes your Plesk server has DNS entries for the domain which point it to 222.222.222.222 (you have to pick an IP to setup the hosting on the Plesk server) regardless that you have not submitted the DNS changes to the registrar.

It works! Thank you so much!

Thank you so very very very much! it works perfectly! I'm really new to plesk so I might hit you folks with more questions I can't find out the answer too (I see a lot of those flash tutorials but they are too slow and always go around my questions without hitting them hehe)

Thank you SOOOO MUCH!

- Ben

Back