• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can i change php4 to php5 without problems?

T

TEil

Can i change php4 to php5 without problems with Plesk 8.2?

I would compile php5 with the same paramteres like php4 and before I start I want to know if this would work.

My System
Apache2

TEil

Hey TEil

Generally I would say, you wont run in any kind of big problem. IF you're talking about the Apache server for your domains. That webserver is not used by plesk (plesk has its own webserver, there you shouldn't change the PHP version out of fun ;) )
So compiling and loading PHP for the Apache, where your domains are located, shouldn't be a problem.

Take a look at that KB article Well it says you can update the Apache, but if you can update/change the webserver you can also change the php version, because plesk does simply not care about that.

Hope that helps
Kind regards
Rico

Originally posted by Rico Kerster
Hey TEil

Generally I would say, you wont run in any kind of big problem. IF you're talking about the Apache server for your domains. That webserver is not used by plesk (plesk has its own webserver, there you shouldn't change the PHP version out of fun ;) )
So compiling and loading PHP for the Apache, where your domains are located, shouldn't be a problem.

Take a look at that KB article Well it says you can update the Apache, but if you can update/change the webserver you can also change the php version, because plesk does simply not care about that.

Hope that helps
Kind regards
Rico
Thank you very much! That's help me :)

Kind regards
TEil

Back