• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Richard18

Basic Pleskian
Plesk 12.5.30 #45
Ubuntu 14.04.5

I upgraded MySQL from 5.5 to 5.6 following the instructions here: https://kb.plesk.com/en/127962

I noticed that as well as installing MySQL 5.6 it also installed apparmor.

I've found the Plesk instructions on how to disable and remove apparmor here: https://kb.plesk.com/en/112903

I've followed everything in Step 1, but I haven't restarted the server yet, I just wanted to make absolutely sure everything would be fine.

Before rebooting and going on to remove apparmor (In Step 2), I just thought I'd check the dependencies of apparmor, this is what I get:
Code:
# apt-get remove apparmor
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  apparmor libpam-plesk mysql-community-server mysql-server plesk-base
  plesk-completion plesk-config-troubleshooter plesk-core plesk-dovecot
  plesk-dovecot-imap-driver plesk-l10n plesk-mail-pc-driver
  plesk-management-node plesk-mysql-server plesk-service-node-utilities
  plesk-web-hosting pp12.5.30-bootstrapper psa-health-monitor psa-libxml-proxy
  psa-locale-base-en-us psa-logrotate psa-mail-driver-common
  psa-php5-configurator psa-phpfpm-configurator psa-phpmyadmin psa-phppgadmin
  psa-proftpd psa-pylibplesk psa-updates psa-vhost psa-zendframework
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 31 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 331 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

Obviously I don't want it to remove all of the plesk or mysql packages, am I only seeing this many dependencies because I haven't rebooted yet or does MySQL 5.6 installed from the repo.mysql.com repository need to have apparmor to work?

Hi Richard18,

in your case, you should consider to use "aptitude" instead of apt-get. This will offer you several possibilities ( if there are some, depending on the software - dependencies ), if you choose NOT TO USE the first suggestion. I think you might like aptitude and will use it more often afterwards. ;)

Apart from that, I don't recommend to remove apparmor anymore, since "docker" for example, depends on apparmor - settings. You can still leave apparmor disabled... just don't remove it. ^^

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at aptitude for the future but for now I think I'll just leave apparmor installed and not started.

Are you saying that everything will be OK if I do:
Code:
# /etc/init.d/apparmor stop
# /etc/init.d/apparmor teardown
# update-rc.d -f apparmor remove
And just leave it there WITHOUT removing the apparmor package? Will anything complain that apparmor isn't started if the server gets rebooted?

Almost search for last 8 hours finally got the solution

Error
audit[3093]: AVC apparmor="STATUS" operation="profile_replace" info="same as current profile, skipping" profile="unconfined" name="/usr/sbin/mysqld" pid=3093 comm="apparmor_p
kernel: kauditd_printk_skb: 100 callbacks suppressed
audit: type=1400 audit(1552416936.098:176): apparmor="STATUS" operation="profile_replace" info="same as current profile, skipping" profile="unconfined" name="/usr/sbi
Ma

Solution:
/etc/init.d/apparmor stop
/etc/init.d/apparmor teardown
update-rc.d -f apparmor remove

service mysql restart

Back