• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can I run a Plesk Migrator resync automatically via the command line or a scheduled task?

Tim_Wakeling

Basic Pleskian
I am running a second server as a backup, and I would like to automatically keep it up to date with my main server, at reasonable intervals, like perhaps hourly, or several times a day. I have found a wonderful manual way to do this which works beautifully - I ran Plesk Migrator once, it copied everything over, and now I just go to the Migrator extension and click "Re-sync" whenever I want to update things.

What I'd like to do is have this re-sync run automatically, say once an hour, using a scheduled task. Has anyone done this or do you know how it would be done? I am comfortable with creating cron jobs and using the command line, but am struggling to find the right commands to trigger a re-sync of an existing migration.

I don't think Plesk Migrator has CLI support, but I might be wrong here. I think you might be better off making regular snap shots of your server and mount these on another instance when needed.

Back