• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not send e-mails using webmail

N

NickitasK

Dear all ,

We had setup a Plesk 10.0.1 control panel , running on a CentOS 5.5 64bit . We are facing a problem with webmail (horde) . When trying to send an e-mail from webmail , nothing is sent (horde claims that message was sent successfully).
We are using qmail as mailer-daemon . Here are some tests I 've made :

1) Tailing /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog (and grep through using the recipient's address gives nothing) .
2) /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log gives no useful info on this subject , only some login errors ...
3) I tried using tcpdump on lo (I believe horde connects to loopback to send mail) but nothing appears .
4) Manually connecting to lo using telnet and sending mail (worked ok)
5) I saw another post on this forum , mentioning something about changing the symbolic link of sendmail binary . Although in our case sendmail bin links to /etc/alternatives/mta which also links to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail (i believe that's correct) , I tried the solution described there without any luck ...

We have also applied some firewall rules that only permit root , qmail and mailman user to connect to port 25 for outbound traffic . These rules do not apply on lo though (tested using telnet and a local user) .

I am running out of ideas so please in case someone figures out something that could be causing this problem feel free to share it :)

Thank you in advance ...

Try to remove and install back webmail with /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng utility at least. --help option for details.

Hi ,

We have done the following without any luck ..

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --remove --name=horde
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --install --name=horde
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -v -a

Is there something else we could try ?

Thanx

i am not shure but is hode using qmail or sendmail (via php) to send mails? try to allow sendmail

Horde should be using the sendmail binary . As mentioned above the sendmail binary is linked to qmail's sendmail binary ..

Back