• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Can not set permissions using filemng utility

P

persiasoft

Hi,
Im running on W2K8 R2 Enterprise + Plesk 9.5.4 ( fresh installation )

trying to change any folder permission inside httpdocs from filemanager :

FileManager::set_file_permissions() failed: Can not set permissions using filemng utility: Empty error message from utility.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: FilePermissionsUIPointer.php:94
FilePermissionsUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
1: UIPointer.php:601
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
2: plesk.php:43

steps to resolve problem without success:

check and fix plesk components
fix disk permissions
repair plesk installation with checked all check boxes
removed .Security file from vhost
used plesk 9.5.3 filemng.exe into plesk admin binary folder
used plesk 10.2 filemng.exe into plesk admin binary folder
replace admin htdocs from my other plesk servers version 9.5.3 and also 9.5.4
googled alot !

also :
migrated another website that is working on thesame configuration ( win ver, plesk ver, sql ver, etc.. ) but have the same problem.

Hi IgorG
thanks for your reply,
i tried this before opening this thread and wrote that under my steps to resolve the problem :D
could you please specially investigate this one because i cant reload this server , we have over hundred website on it now.
Thank you

Do you have MySQL as DB engine? If it so, check if ip adresses manager and virtual directories have the same problem. If it so we have only one possible w/a now:

Switch Plesk DB provider to MSSQL. Use attached mysqlmng.exe which is compiled with static MySQL client library.
It will be fixed in Plesk 9.5.5 and 10.3 versions.

Attachments

• mysqlmng.zip
    343.4 KB · Views: 10
Yes, I have MySql as Plesk DBEngine, Check IP address section it doesnt have any error with any action, but virtual directories with changing permission has the same error ( i know its using the same utility )

Switched DBEngine to MSSQL , replaced the attached file , restarted Plesk control panel service and nothing's changed !

In that case problem require detailed investigation directly on your server. Therefore I suggest you contact Support Team.

Back