• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can templates be renamed?

S

sbssurfer

I noticed that the moto_car-001 template in the Moto/Car category was about cyclists so I tried to rename the template and move it to the Sport category but it now seems to have disapeared.

I went into my templates folder on the server and changed the name of the folder from moto_car-001 to cycle-001. I did the command (mv moto_car-001 cycle-001). I then went into the info.xml file for the cycle-001 folder and edited the line

<template id="moto_car-001" version="1.0.1" caption="Moto/Car" category="Moto/Car">

to read:

<template id="cycle-001" version="1.0.0" caption="Cyclist" category="Sport">

and then ran --update_templates.

I looked at the log after running the template update command and saw that the template cycle-001 was updated sucessfully but when I look into the design directory within the site builder the template cycle-001 can not be found either in the Sport category or when looking at the All Categories option. Although it seems to have uploaded normally according to my logs, it is nowhere to be found.

I moved other templates from one category to another without renaming them and those category switches all worked fine. The problem only seems to be if I actually rename the template. I just did not think that mot_car was appropriate for cyclists.

The template folder was renamed to cycle-001 and the template ID was changed to cycle-001 before reloading the templates. Is there another change that needs to be made for the renamed template to load and become visible to users. I am finding it strange to get upload successful messages in my logs for the renamed template but not be able to find it within the sitebuilder.

Can anyone help?

I forgot to add the template with the new name to the various plans set up in the SB interface. Once I added the renamed template into the various user plans, everything was working well.

Back